Emily Stone was first introduced in my debut novel Compulsion where she tracked down serial killers and child pedophiles anonymously. Her life became even more complicated when two serial killers began hunting women in her hometown. It was too close for comfort, but she met up with Detective Rick Lopez and the story really began to heat up.
Award Winning Dead Game continues with Emily Stone hunting down serial killers. It is her toughest case to date with a killer that stalks his victims through the technology of computer games. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to his method of madness. Emily is taken out of her usual hunting grounds and soon becomes the next target from this sadistic, voyeuristic killer that is always used to getting his own way.
Set on the beautiful Hawaiian island of Kauai, Emily must track down a serial killer who takes women in a brutal frenzy of ancient superstitions and folklore. Local cops are unprepared for what lies ahead. In a race against the clock, Emily and her team must identify the killer before time runs out. Step into Dark Mind and see if you can guess the killer.
* * *
I’ve really enjoyed creating this fictitious character and I plan on writing several more in the series.
My inspiration really came about after living next door to a “real” violent sociopath that threatened my life for more than two years. I decided to use my experience, along with lots of imagination of course, to write the Emily Stone thriller series.
Here are a dozen facts about the strong-willed, vigilante detective character of Emily Stone:
- Originally trained as a police officer in Valparaiso, Indiana.
- Parents were killed in a robbery when she was only twelve years old. The killer was never caught.
- Prefers the comfort of her Bobcat Beretta to that of a Smith & Wesson.
- Has absolutely NO tolerance for violence against children. Would give her life to save a child.
- Spends every waking moment profiling, tracking, and capturing serial killers for the cops all behind the mask of secrecy.
- Favors her four-legged companion “Sergeant” to spending time with new people.
- Her name has been listed in the obituary column.
- Self taught criminal profiler.
- Always has at least one gun available at all times.
- Born a “real” blonde.
- If you have the opportunity to meet Emily Stone, she’ll be a true friend for life.
- Never hesitates to jump into a fight for an important cause.
Emily Stone has inspired a blog dedicated to crime safety, crime tips, statistical information, cold cases, child safety, and the missing.
Check out: Crime Watch Blog
NOTE: All books in the Emily Stone Thriller Series are available in both e-Book and paperback from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Sony, Diesel Books, Booktopia, Kobo, and more.