Amazon Kindle has broken records and expectations last year with whooping sales in the millions. Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com founder and CEO, stated that millions of avid readers own an Amazon Kindle. Currently, there are more than 410,000 book titles listed in the Kindle bookstore. The president also confirmed that there is 6 Kindles sold for every 10 physical books. That’s amazing!
There are estimates for 2011 that Amazon Kindle sales could reach 8 million, or even as high as 12 million in sales. Wow! The Kindle store has made their royalty option for the author at 70%. That’s more than a fair deal. It has been a wonderful source for me to sell my own books and I would like to see more authors benefiting from this great opportunity. You can join the growing list of successful authors on Amazon Kindle and begin selling your book today.
I have a few tips to help you get your book ready for Amazon Kindle:
- Make sure that your book manuscript is in top shape, free from grammatical errors and has been revised. It’s best to have a professional editor proof your manuscript. You want to make a great first impression on Amazon Kindle.
- Convert your manuscript to a .pdf file and then proof it again. Sometimes in the conversion process things can slightly change. Take your time and don’t rush your book.
- Have a good cover photo. If you don’t have a cover designed yet, and you don’t want to do it yourself, have a professional design a compelling, appropriate cover for you.
- Create a compelling, but brief synopsis of your book to grab readers.
- Take your time and think about what “tags” you want for your book.
I wish you much success with your writing ventures! Happy Writing!