Thanks to a fellow author friend Carolyn Arnold for tagging me in this fun blog feature for new or in-the-works novels.
Here are a quick ten questions about my latest book Dead Burn, which will be released early 2013.
The current working title is Dead Burn and it will most likely stay that name. It seems to fit with the other books in the Emily Stone Series.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
With my academic background in forensics and criminology, arson was a subject that I knew little about. I decided to merge the mind of a serial killer with an arsonist and the outcome is a calculating serial killer arsonist who stalks and devises a trap according to their sins.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Dead Burn is an action thriller.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I don’t generally like to put an actor or actress to the characters so that readers can use their own imaginations when they read my books.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Vigilante detective Emily Stone faces her toughest serial killer case yes, while dodging the watchful eyes of a rogue government agency and a hired assassin.
6. If you plan to publish, will your book be self-published or published traditionally?
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your MS?
The first draft took about two months to write.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
When I write my books I try not to emulate any author or particular style, and it allows me to stay focused on what I enjoy. However, readers have compared my books to Baldacci, Gerritsen, and the early works of James Patterson.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My series character Emily Stone and my love for forensics and criminology inspire me to write thrillers.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Even though my books are a part of a series, they are all stand-alone novels. It allows readers to pick the adventure that piques their interest.
One last word about Dead Burn: Everyone Sins – but are you prepared to pay for yours?
Now, I’m off to tag the 5 other author bloggers: