It’s almost summer and I wanted to lighten things up a bit.
One of my favorite beach memories was sitting on a deserted beach in Kauai a couple of years ago – it was what actually inspired my latest thriller Dark Mind.
The white sandy beaches and the perfect temperature of 80 degrees made it difficult to leave. There is nothing better than the warm tropical breeze against your face, scrunching the sand between your toes, the sound of the waves lapping against the shore, and of course a nice icy drink of your choice. I had my first Mai Tai that trip!
Here’s my list of 13 reasons to read Dark Mind:
- For the love of reading.
- Better than watching television reruns.
- Zero calories – it’s indulging but not fattening.
- It’s summer and vacation time!
- Stay cool indoors and read a book – even if you get creepy goose bumps.
- You get to be a sidekick to vigilante detective Emily Stone.
- Add an adrenaline boost to your day without coffee.
- Challenge yourself to a thriller duel.
- Better than housework or cleaning out the garage.
- My dogs need a new pair of shoes – well maybe just a new toy.
- Test yourself and see if you can guess the killer.
- Close your eyes and take that jump…
- Check out a new kind of crime heroine – covert vigilante detective and angel of justice.
Here’s a few things that reviewers have been saying about Dark Mind:
“Dark Mind is a fast-paced chilling crime thriller that will captivate you and leave you sitting on the edge of your seat as you turn the pages. The storyline is well written, the author weaves a story that is intriguing and keeps the reader guessing what will happen next with every gripping twist and turn. The attention to detail in regard to the crime investigation is first rate, the author utilizes her experience in the criminology and forensic areas to provide a story that diehard crime thriller fans crave.” ~ Kathleen Anderson
“Dark Mind is very well written using wonderful descriptions and to transport you to the beautiful island of Kauai. You won’t be disappointed, as the plot thickens you are driven to keep turning the page with the promise of more danger just around the bend. I would highly recommend this book and am personally looking forward to reading the first two books in the Emily Stone Series.” ~ Penny Minding Mom
“I finished DARK MIND a few weeks ago and to this day…author Chase’s vivid descriptions stay with me. This was my first EMILY STONE novel but it won’t be my last. Lots of intriguing characters, a well-plotted story and the visual beauty of Kauai (I felt I was there experiencing the island first hand) added to my love of this book.” ~ Author Douglas Wickard
* * *