It’s the scariest month of the year and quickly coming to a close. I thought I’d keep up with the yearly tradition and post what actually scares a criminologist and crime fiction author. Some things stay the same, but I’m always adding new ones to the list.
Just in case you were wondering…
- People text messaging and surfing the Internet when they drive.
- Cleaning the cat litter box twice a day.
- Men who wear socks with sandals.
- People referred to with three first names.
- Children that know more about technology than I do.
- Gas station restrooms.
- The rapid growth of hypocrisy among the general population.
- Heat waves.
- Sink holes.
- Actually knowing the words to most 80s songs.
- Political debates on any side.
- Thinking it was only my imagination.
- Feeling completely comfortable and relaxed studying serial killers and crime scenes for hours.
- Not being able to buy new shoes and more shoes.
- The facial expressions of news reporters when things don’t go their way.
- Enjoying television reruns including reality shows and cooking channels.
- Knowing when the phone is about to ring.
- Thinking that real superheroes are actually forensic scientists and cold case detectives.
- Relating to Sigourney Weaver’s character “Helen Hudson” in the 1995 movie Copycat.
- Weeds growing in my yard that triple in size every single day.
- The ticking of the clock.
- People who don’t like black dogs or black cats.
- The increasing number of endangered species.
- People without a sense of humor—but think they do.
- Predatory people looking for child victims.
- Fast food French fries having the same shelf life as a Twinkie.
- Having to find a scarier book or movie than the last.
- Feeling comfortable in my own shoes.
- Not knowing what’s around every corner.
- Making this scary list.
- And finally… the most scariest thing of all… not being able to write every day.
So what scares you?
Please join me:
Author Blog: https://authorjenniferchase.com/
Book & Crime Talk: http://blogtalkradio.com/jennifer-chase
JUST RELEASED! GRAB A COPY FOR ONLY 99CENTS DURING THE PROMOTIONAL BLOG TOUR!